MICHELIN X® MULTI T-SA Pre-Mold Retread
The MICHELIN® X® MULTI T-SA Pre-Mold Retread was designed to address the scrub and stresses in spread axle and tag axle applications while providing superior mileage performance in regional and line haul operations.
WHY THIS RETREAD?
Focus on Durability – Up to 25% more mileage(1)
Withstands scrub and abrasion
• Rounded, solid shoulder provides resistance to aggression and improves wear rate
• New premium rubber compound enhances scrub resistance and wear rate
• 16⁄32nds tread depth
Tapered tread extension
• Withstands shifting footprint and lateral stress
• Defends against stone drilling
Reinforced Tread Edge
Winged tread (2)
• Provides maximum tread-to-shoulder adhesion in high scrub applications
BENEFITS AND FEATURES
1. Withstands scrub and abrasion
Rounded, solid shoulder provides resistance to aggression and improves wear rate
2. Withstands scrub and abrasion
New premium rubber compound enhances scrub resistance and wear rate
3. Groove-bottom protectors
Defends against stone drilling
4. Winged tread (2)
Provides maximum tread-to-shoulder adhesion in high scrub applications
MICHELIN X MULTI T-SA Pre-Mold Retread
REFERENCE MATERIALS - DOCUMENTS
MICHELIN® X® Multi T-SA Pre-Mold Retread Product Sheet
MICHELIN® X® Multi T-SA Pre-Mold Retread Mileage Performance Promise
MICHELIN® Retread Technologies National Limited Warranty
MICHELIN® Truck Tire Data Book
Michelin Retread Technologies Quick Reference Tread Guide
|Tread Width||185 mm|
|Tread Depth||16 inch|
Pre Mold Process
Also known as a "pre-cure" process. Tread rubber used in this process is molded and pre-cured by the tread rubber manufacturer, Michelin Retread Technologies (MRT). The appropriate tread is selected – design, width, thickness – and applied to a prepared casing. The casing is prepared by placing a cushion gum bonding layer between the tread and casing. The tire then moves to the chamber for curing.
(1) Based on fleet survey results comparing projected removal mileage of the MICHELIN® X® MULTI T-SA Pre-Mold Retread and the MICHELIN® XZE® SA Pre-Mold Retread. Actual results will vary.
(2) Tread widths with two measurements have wings. The first number is tread base width in mm. The second number is the overall width, wing tip to tip.