MICHELIN X ONE® LINE GRIP D
MICHELIN X ONE® LINE GRIP D
MICHELIN’s next generation X ONE drive tire for long haul and regional applications with grip that weathers the elements. Over 25% better snow traction than leading competitive tires.*
A radio frequency identification (RFID) chip is an intelligent, wireless electronic device that can be used to identify unique items according to a standard system in order to store and transfer the corresponding data.
Meets the USTMA (U.S. Tire Manufacturers Association) snow traction performance requirements. Meets the Tire and Rubber Association of Canada (TRAC) requirements for severe snow traction
- Retreadable (Learn more)
WHY THIS TIRE?
MAXIMIZE DRIVER CONFIDENCE IN HARSH WEATHER
Snow Traction – Over 25% better snow traction than leading competitor tires.(1)
3 Peak Mountain Snow Flake Certification – Traction verified in an Arctic test facility.(2)
Open Shoulder – Designed for additional grip in adverse weather and snow conditions.
MINIMIZE TOTAL COST OF OWNERSHIP
Maximize Tread Life – Top layer of dual compound tread provides long tread life.
Excellent Retreadability – Bottom layer of dual compound tread provides cooler running rubber for long casing life.
Weight Savings – 389 lbs/ 176 kg more payload than dual tires.(3)
Fuel savings – Save your fleet $880 per truck annually in fuel costs by replacing the MICHELIN® X ONE® XDN®2 with the MICHELIN® X ONE® LINE GRIP D tire, at $1.26 per litre.(4)
8% Better Rolling Resistance than the MICHELIN® X ONE® XDN®2 tire.(5)
BENEFITS AND FEATURES
1. Optimized Tread Compound
Provides ultra-low rolling resistance.
2. Dual Compound Tread - Bottom Layer
Bottom layer of dual compound tread provides cooler running rubber for long casing life.
3. Matrix Siping
Traction and Even Wear – Full depth, interlocking sipes with zig-zag walls to provide thousands of biting edges for traction, and lug-like performance for even wear.
4. Open Shoulder
Designed for additional grip in adverse weather and snow conditions.
5. Dual Compound Tread - Top Layer
Top layer of dual compound tread provides long tread life.
6. 3 Peak Mountain Snow Flake Certification (3PMSF)
Traction verified in an Arctic test facility.
¼ mile of steel cable helps eliminate casing growth and maintain a consistent footprint for long mileage.
MICHELIN Picto x one line grip d Tire
REFERENCE MATERIALS - DOCUMENTS
|Product||MICHELIN X ONE LINE GRIP D - 445/50R22.5|
Tire overall diameter and not only the rim
|Tread depth||27 inch|
|Max Load per Tire Single||10200 lbs|
Tire radius when mounted on the loaded vehicle
|473.7 mm / 18.6 inch|
(4)*(1) In a standardized snow test, the 445/50R22.5 MICHELIN® X ONE® LINE GRIP D tire travelled 54% faster than the 445/50R22.5 Bridgestone® Greatec™ M835™ Ecopia™ tire and 28% faster than the 445/50R22.5 Goodyear® G392A SSD™ DuraSeal + Fuel Max™ tire. Actual on-road results may vary.
(2) 3PMSF (3 Peak Mountain Snow Flake) is from European R117 regulation. It has no regulatory Truck Tire reference in N.A. The tire must score at least 25% better in deep snow traction than the Standard Reference Test Tire on an ECE certified ISO test procedure. 3PMSF always appears with “M+S” mark.
(3) Based on replacing eight MICHELIN® XDN®2 dual tires with Alcoa® Ultra ONE® wheels with four MICHELIN® X ONE® LINE GRIP D tires with Alcoa® Ultra ONE® Wheels.
(4) Fuel savings calculated based on replacing the MICHELIN® X ONE® XDN®2 tire with the MICHELIN® X ONE® LINE GRIP D tire in four drive positions on a class 8 tandem-drive axle truck and single tandem axle trailer combination traveling 160,000 km / year. Calculations also based on the Canada National average diesel fuel price as of January 16, 2018. Actual results may vary, and may be impacted by many factors, including road conditions, weather, environment, combination of steer and trailer tires used, driving habits, tire size, equipment, and maintenance.
(5) Based on 3rd party rolling resistance tests using ISO 282580 comparing the MICHELIN® X ONE® LINE™ GRIP D and MICHELIN® X ONE® XDN®2 tire in the 445/50R22.5 dimension. Actual results may vary.